Tuesday, March 25, 2008

all work and no play makes mom...an entrepreneur


while it can be argued whether or not this is my "best" side, my children (and husband) can tell you with most certainty that on many days...this is mom's only side. orders to ship, production to manage, e-mails to answer, a web site to maintain, sales and marketing materials to develop...not easy things to accomplish within a 6-hour day. yes, the goal is to work while the kids are in school, but i'll be the first to admit that it's not exactly easy balancing a business, a home and the busy lives of three children. on most days my daily deadline is that 2 o'clock pick up time (and the second shift begins after they are in bed). some days, i find it downright defeating. but then i overhear my 8-year old proudly telling a friend, "my mom has her own business. babysparewear is in over 200 stores." to her that sounds like a lot and she is proud of me. how cool is that? this along with the fact that i am teaching my three girls the value of hard work eases the guilt a little. and though i find being an entrepreneur and owning a business immensely rewarding, and I may often become distracted with the daily demands of a growing business, my girls will always know I am first and foremost their mom. a mom always searching for that perfect balance. now c'mon girls, let's go make some pancakes!

2 comments:

sparemama said...

just noticed and wanted to point out the "mom staples" on the desk in the photo: yogurt for lunch, orbit gum for after, lip gloss, lotion for dry hands, and the quote book "1000 reasons you're a perfect mom." i swear this was not staged. can you guess what is engraved on the disc on the necklace?

Bianca Russo said...

It's so difficult for women to get their businesses up and running. Especially when you've got kids at home, and can't drive downtown everyday! I know that feeling pretty well, haha.

I'm an ambassador for Microsoft and right now we're trying to reach out and connect with influential bloggers, like you, and try and offer some help to those women trying to get their business started! I'd love to share some information with you on how we can do that!

We just wrapped up a women's entrepreneurial tour across the US called “Vision To Venture;” the response and turn-out was great!

I'd really love your take on these offerings we have right now; I would have contacted you via email but I didn't know which was the best way to reach you.

Thank you so much, I hope I didn't overstep my bounds by directly contacting you. Get back to me if I’ve caught your interest-- I’d love to share more info with you.

Best,
Bianca Russo
Official Microsoft Ambassador
bianca.russo@live.com